Monday, October 6, 2008

And Our Accountant Winner is ...

Kamee

Holy Cow - with comments like "I love it", she deserves to win. It doesn't hurt that she actually worked for tax people! Anyhow, let me just say that I am totally impressed from the responses. I am glad there are people out there that love it. I do it, but I don't love it.

Perhaps it's due to an experience I had a few years ago. I probably shouldn't tell this, but I think my Father-in-law knows that I love him, and I know that he loves me - so it's all good! In all fairness, there is one thing you need to know about my father-in-law before reading this story - he is a business man that can totally remove emotion from the situation. It is a great quality for him and has helped him achieve great success in his life. I, on the other hand, am an emotional creature, this is what happens when you put the two of us together to work on taxes:

A few years ago we sold a duplex we owned and the taxes the following year were a little bit trickier than what I was used to. So, I went to my Father-in-law for help (no, I don't have People). Our second daughter was just a month old at the time and we all (me, Bert, the two little girls) went up to his dad's to get this all sorted out.

I'm a pretty normal mom, I get very distracted when I hear my baby crying and that was the case this day. Bert was trying to take care of the little ones, but something happened and the baby was crying. I went to go and check on her and ended up getting chewed out by my father in law for not paying attention when he was trying to help me. Ugh! it was awful, I started crying right there in front of everyone! We did end up getting the taxes completed and all was well, but that was not a fun day. (And I can look back on it all now and just laugh!)

This is what comes to mind every year when I open up the tax books. Someday I am really going to need to get "People". Or, maybe someday I will like all this stuff, but for now I just concentrate on getting it done.

So, to you all that actually like this stuff - Way to go - I am beyond impressed. Maybe I'll have to come get pep talks from you when tax season hits next year.

Anyhow, looks like, in general, women are the main ones to take care of financial business in the home - way to go ladies! And even better, the majority of you are confident in your skills. I am very impressed and even a little more hopeful, "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!"

Thanks for playing!

0 Mommies Sharing: