Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Most Boring Topic EVER!

So, what do you do when you are really wanting to generate some good discussion and provide meaningful feedback to moms who are in need of support and friendship? If you are me, you pick the most boring topic that could be introduced! What am I thinking? I'll tell you what I am thinking, I am celebrating the fact that I actually made progress in this area this week - due mostly to the 3 hour nap The King took yesterday!



I have been trying to get the bills all caught up for weeks now, we had The King in July and have been coasting, getting the essentials taken care of (food, gas, electricity, phone, internet), but doctor bills and car registration and some other odds and ends have been piling up to dangerous heights and I have been dreading dealing with all the numbers and figures, mostly because I just didn't feel like I had the brain power to make sure it all worked.



So, Yay Me! The doctor bills are ALL taken care of - whew! And the car registration should happen today, since it is the last day of the month. Please feel free to check up on me to make sure I get it done.



Anyhow, this is one aspect of motherhood that is so absolutely BORING! I hate balancing the checkbook, I hate doing taxes, I hate keeping up on all the bills, but it needs to be done. This week I am not even looking for stories, just some encouragement and/or tips and/or ANYTHING AT ALL in reference to how you keep up on all this *stuff* (that's the nice word, I have other words I would be happy to use instead).

If I don't get help, this could end up happening to our dog!



Tell me how you do it ladies!



I'm counting on you!

3 Mommies Sharing:

Tia Langston said...

Call me Crazy...but I actually kinda like doing the bills and balancing the checkbook. Not that I like seeing the little bit of money we make being sent out the door, but I love to see the numbers balance. I do, however, wish we had more numbers to subtract from!

cfernelius said...

CB and I switch off every couple months. When I get tired of doing all the bills, etc. he takes over for a few months and vice versa. When it's my turn, I just try to challenge myself and my family to a strict budget. We never really stay within the numbers that I allot, but we usually don't cut it too close to the red either. Online banking and bill pay has been a HUGE blessing. It cuts billy-paying time in half and cuts way back on all the paper! I agree with Tia though, I wish we had a lot more numbers to subtract from!

Kamee said...

I LOVE to pay the bills and I LOVE to do my taxes, maybe that is why I worked for the IRS for so long before I got married. I get such a feeling of accomplishment to see that our plan/budget worked out like we had planned. Of course there are always the "oh craps" that we didn't plan for that stress me out in our finances but generally, I just enjoy it.