Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Topic - Favorite Books to read to Kids



These are some of my all time favorite books to read to the kids (but that list could go on and on and on). These books are fun to read because they have great little stories, fabulous illustrations and a fun cadence. I have to admit, I love to read Olivia because I get to act like a little spoiled drama queen - what fun! I love to read Click Clack Moo, because I just like to say that over and over again. And then there is Mr. Brown Can Moo - all of those sounds are so fun to create, sometimes we can't stop making the sounds.

This week is simple - I just want to know what books you love to read to children. Which ones put a smile on your face or are tender enough to make you hug your child in even closer while you read. Which ones do you remember your mom or dad reading to you when you were a child.

Reading books is one of the great joys of motherhood - it is a special time to just spend with your child enjoying a wonderful little story and message and instilling a love of reading in a new generation. So, share your favorite stories here, I hope to get some new book recommendations to read with my own little ones!

Happy Mothering!

4 Mommies Sharing:

cfernelius said...

My kids and I love Finklehopper Frog by Livingston, If You Give a Moose a Muffin by Numeroff, Ruby In Her Own Time, Oh The Places You'll Go by Dr. Seuss and so many more. I'll post the author for Ruby later - I can't remember it right now.

Liz said...

I am new to your blog and this is the first post I've read. I don't know how old your kids are but here are some of my favorites:
Henry's Awful Mistake
Mike Mulligan and his Steam Shovel
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
But No Elephants
Hope you enjoy!!

Kirsten said...

My son is a HUGE fan of Baby Einstein, so we read a lot of those books. His current favorite is Windows to Color. We also love anything by Sandra Boynton (like the Belly Button Book). I'm waiting for Charlie to get a little bit older so that he enjoys more of the story books, like anything by Robert Munsch, (The Paper Bag Princess) or Peter H. Reynolds, The Dot or Ish.

I love finding new Children's books. I've got a huge wish list on amazon.com dedicated to them. I'm excited to get more ideas from you ladies!

Amber said...

We love Sandra Boynton as well, current favorite is Blue Hat, Green Hat; Also love:

*I Love You, Stinky Face
*The "Froggy" books by Jonathan London
*Time For Bed by Mem Fox
*The Diary of a Worm

I'm sure I'll be posting more later!